This property is privately owned.
This castle dates from at least 1161, as it was mentioned in documents discussing the properties of Rome’s Abbazia delle Tre Fontane. Owned by the Aldobrandeschi family and administered by vassals, the castle’s location near a silver mine made it a particularly significant holding. In 1394 it was destroyed by the Sienese troops. The complex is a round tower made of white stone blocks dating from the late twelfth century with arched transom windows The adjacent building was built later, likely using recycled and salvaged materials from older castle structures. On the east walls, both north and south facing, four arrowslits remain intact; around the castle grounds there are still some original walls standing.